But of late, i decided to take part in as many events as possible, seeing the effort and passion with which co-bloggers host events....
Well, coming to this "Tried and Tasted" event hosted by Champa and started here, I must confess I had forgotten totally about it till last week. Luckily, I wasn't too late this time! So noted down this Carrot Muffins' recipe from Divya's blog and tried it out with some modifications over the weekend, in a hurry. I tasted it, and felt it could have been sweeter; didn’t serve it to anyone that day since we were all heading for a wedding. I didn’t have time to click pictures as well that day and just left that part of the work for the next day.
And guess what? By the time I returned home from work next evening, there were only two of them, saved for me!! I was happy that folks at home had liked it! Took pictures of the remaining two :)
Made the following modifications to the recipe, though:
• Omitted the nuts
• Added Brown sugar as well as I wanted to use up some
Preparation time : 15 min
Cooking time : 20-25 min
Makes : 12 muffins
Grated Carrot - 2 cups
All Purpose Flour – 2 cups
Sugar – 1 ¼ cup
Brown sugar - ¼ cup
Melted Unsalted Butter – ¼ cup
Yoghurt - 1/3 cup
Vegetable oil - ¼ cup
Grated coconut - ¼ cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – ½ tsp
Ground cinnamon - ½ tsp
Salt - ¼ teaspoon
Grated coconut - ¼ cup
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
• Peel and finely grate carrots
• Preheat Oven to 180 degrees C.
• Line the Muffin tray with the Muffin Liner Paper Cups. I simply greased and dusted the muffin tray.
• In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon
• Add grated carrots and coconut
• In a separate bowl whisk together the melted butter, oil, yoghurt and vanilla extract.
• Fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
• Evenly divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 - 25 minutes on low rack until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Mine took exactly 25 minutes.
• Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes
Tips n Tricks:
• Do not over mix the mixture. Let it remain crumbly.
• Chopped walnuts/pecans can be added
• One beaten egg can be added to get smoother muffins, in place of butter and yoghurt
• Coconut can be replaced with crushed pineapple
Sending this to Champa's Bake-off event as well.