Now we should get it fixed over the weekend, and till then no way of clicking food pics. I don’t even have my other old camera here and may be if I get it, I can click some in the next week. So till then, no new recipes to post. But well, I have loads of them in drafts and will be posting them one by one!
This one is a dish I had tried out sometime last year, but hadn’t posted. Here it goes....
|Carrot Baby corn Masala|
Preparation time : 10 min
Cooking time : 15 min
Serves : 4
Carrots - 2, cut into 1’ x ¼’ pieces
Baby corn - 8-10, cut into 1’ x ¼’ pieces
Onions - 3 medium sized, chopped
Tomatoes - 2 medium sized, chopped
Green chilies - 2, slit
Garlic - 6-8 flakes
Almonds - 12-15, soaked in water for sometime
Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
Salt - ½ tsp or as per taste
Ginger Garlic paste - ½ tsp
Coriander powder - ½ tsp
Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
Red Chili powder - ½ tsp
Kitchen king masala - ½ tsp
• Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and saute half of the cut onions till golden brown• Add the cut tomatoes and cook till done
• Once cool enough to handle, add soaked almonds and grind to a puree
• Heat the remaining oil in a another pan, and add ginger garlic paste and slit green chilies
• Add the remaining chopped onion, and stir till golden brown
• Now add the chopped carrots and baby corn and cook till tender. Sprinkle a little water if needed.
• Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, kitchen king masala and coriander powder
• Now add salt and the ground paste and bring to boil
• Add water if the consistency is too thick and boil for 3-4 min, stirring intermittently.
• Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander
• Serve it with rotis/phulkas/chapathis.
Tips n Tricks:
• Do not overcook the veggies, let it be slightly crispy