A yummy, crunchy salad made of cool cucumber... It takes just 10 minutes to go healthy way and make this simple and tasty salad...
Preparation time : 10 min
Cooking time : 2 min
Serves : 4-5
Cucumber - 2 medium sized
Cooking oil - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Green chilies - 2-3
Coriander - 2 tsp, finely chopped
Coconut - 2 tsp, grated
Salt - ¼ tsp or as per taste
• Chop cucumber into very small chops. You might want to peel it first if the peel is too thick. I prefer not peeling it to have some crunchiness and not to lose out on nutrients.
• Heat oil in a small skillet, add mustard seeds and allow to splutter
• Add Urad dal and roast till golden color
• Add slit green chilies and curry leaves and sauté for a minute
• To the chopped cucumber, mix the tadka prepared above, salt and grated coconut
• Garnish with coriander leaves and serve
Tips n Tricks:
• The best way to chop cucumber is to hold it up vertically with your left hand, and go on hitting it with a knife in right hand, simultaneously turning the cucumber around so that there are slits in all directions for about an inch thickness. Then place it horizontally on the board, and cut out the slit portion into very small bits. This way, very small chops can be got easily.