Go ahead and make these and you'll surely love it!
|Ash gourd Dosa|
Preparation time : 30 min, excluding time for soaking
Cooking time : 2 min per dosa
Serves : 4
Dosa Rice - 2 cups
Ash gourd (inner part) - 2 cups (chopped into chunks, deseeded)
Beaten Rice / Avalakki - ½ cup
Urad dal - 1 Tbsp
Salt - ¾ th tsp or according to taste
Cooking oil - to make dosas
• Soak the rice & dal in enough amount of water for 4-6 hours, and soak avalakki for about 15 minutes
• Chop and deseed the ash gourd
• Grind the rice-dal mixture along with avalakki and the ash gourd in a mixie or grinder and prepare a smooth batter. Batter should be like a thick milkshake.
• Let the batter ferment overnight or for about 8-10hours. Batter would slightly rise by then.
• Add salt to the batter & mix well.
• Heat the griddle
• When the griddle is hot, smear a few drops of oil
• Pour 1 to 1 ½ Tbsp of batter on the griddle. Do not try to spread it thin like for normal dos. Just allow it to spread itself or slightly spread it, making a thick pan cake like dosa
• Cook on medium heat, covering.
• Turn over the dosa and cook on the other side too, till it becomes light golden brown
• Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Tips n Tricks:
• Do not cook the dosa on high flame. They’ll not be done in the middle but get brown on the outer layer, since these are thick
Sending this to Akila's event: Dish name starts with A.