Had made this carrot halwa sometime back, but hadn’t posted it. Very simple to make, this is one all time favorite sweet.
Here’s the recipe...
Preparation time : 15 min
Cooking time : 20-30 min
Serves : 5-6
Carrot - 500 gm
Milk - ¾ cup
Sugar - 1 cup, adjust according to your taste
Ghee - 1 Tbsp
Raisins - 15 - 20
Cashews - 15 - 20
Khoya - ½ cup, optional
• Wash, peel and grate carrots
• In a heavy bottomed pan, heat 1 tbsp of ghee and add cashews and raisins
• Once done, add grated carrots and cook in milk till soft. You can cover the lid if using a pressure pan, to speed up the process. But make sure it is not overcooked
• Once cooked, add sugar and continue stirring
• Add remaining ghee to prevent sticking to the bottom
• If using khoya, add it and mix well
• Sauté for a few more minutes till the desired consistency is reached.
Tips n Tricks:
• Do not overcook the carrots
• The cashews and raisins can be toasted in ghee separately and added at the end, to retain their crunchiness
Sending this sweet and the rose to Create and Carve event