Here’s one simple salad with pineapple and green capsicum. The juicy, sweet and sour pineapple chunks and crunchy capsicum go very well together. I also like to throw in a chopped apple to my fruit-veggie salads, as it adds volume and blends with almost everything and balances the taste well.
Gets done in a jiffy, especially if using canned pineapples and tastes awesome. Can be made ahead and chilled for parties too.
Here’s how to make it…
Pineapple and Capsicum Salad
Preparation time : 10 min
Cooking time : Nil
Serves : 4
Pineapple - Peeled and chopped into bite sized chunks- 1 Cup
Apple - 1, cored and chopped
Green Capsicum - 1 big, deseeded and chopped
Walnuts- a handful, chopped, optional
Vinegar - 2 tsp, optional. Use only if the pineapple is too sweet
Pineapple juice - 3-4 Tbsp
Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp
Italian dried herbs - Thyme/Oregano - 1 tsp
Salt - ¼ tsp or as per taste
Black pepper powder - ½ tsp or as per taste
- Peel and chop pineapple into bite sized chunks
- Core and chop apples; Deseed and chop capsicum. You may roast it in a tsp of oil if you wish. Tastes good even without roasting.
- Crush the walnuts into small pieces
- Mix everything in a large bowl
- Add vinegar, salt, pepper, herbs and olive oil
- Give a good shake, to mix well and serve
- I mostly like to chop all the veggies/fruits used in a salad uniformly. That makes the distribution even and looks good too.