And it lasted us for about 4-5 days, satisfying our chocolate cravings every time :) it is one easy recipe, you must try it…. And you’ll be happy that you did!
Here’s the recipe…
Eggless Cocoa Brownies
Preparation Time: 10 min
Baking time: ~30 min
Source: Multiple blogs
All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
Cocoa Powder - 1/2 Cup
Icing Sugar + 1 Tbsp Icing Sugar(For Dusting) - 3/4 Cup
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
A Generous Pinch Of Salt
Vegetable Oil / melted butter - 5 Tbsp
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Buttermilk - 1 Cup
Instant Coffee - 2 tsp
Dark Chocolate Pieces Or Chocolate Chips - 1/4 Cup Chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Grease an 8" square tin and line up a parchment paper or aluminum foil with the edges hanging over the pan slightly
- Sift all purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder together a couple of times until they are mixed well.
- Melt instant coffee powder in a tbsp of hot water and let it cool.
- Whisk in the melted butter/oil into the butter milk and add vanilla essence and coffee solution and whisk again until you get a uniform mixture.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix very gently with a spatula or spoon.
- Dust the choco chips/dark chocolate pieces with a tsp of flour and fold into the batter.
- Transfer the batter mixture in it to get 1" thick layer of the mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 mins at 180 degrees or till done.
- Cool completely and remove from pan and cut into squares.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla Ice cream and chopped and toasted walnuts. You can add some chocolate sauce as well to elevate the dessert to the next level!
- Chopped walnuts can also be folded into the mixture
- Bake for a few minutes more than you would with a cake to get a brownie like top