Soups are one of the must have’s at our place as part of the dinner menu for guests. Every time I make it, I make sure there is some change in the ingredients and taste, so as to not make it repetitive.
After coming here, Crème Fraiche is one of my favorite grocery items, among many others! It gives such a nice taste to soups, salads, pastas, etc that I have fallen in love with it! When added to this soup, it definitely gives an edge. Along with carrots, potatoes, apple and crème fraiche are the star ingredients here. And the result is a fabulous, flavorful, creamy soup.
Apple and Carrot Soup
Preparation time : 5 min
Cooking time : 15 min
Serves : 4 -5
Carrot - 1-2 medium sized
Tomato - 1 small
Potato - 1 medium sized
Apples - 2
Ginger - 1” cube
Black pepper powder - ½ - ¾ tsp
Salt - ½ tsp or as per taste
Sugar - ¼ tsp or as per taste
Water - 2 cups, change acc to consistency
Milk - ¼ cup
Dried Thyme - ¾ tsp; Can use your favorite herb
Crème Fraische - 2 Tbsp
- Peel and chop carrots and potato into large chunks; Core apple and chop them too.
- Cook the chopped carrots, potatoes, apples and tomato in a pressure cooker with a little water for one whistle
- Let it cool for a few minutes
- Grind the cooked carrots, potato, tomato and ginger, adding the water used for cooking the veggies if necessary, to make a fine paste
- Strain the puree to a vessel
- Add salt and pepper powder and let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add thyme, and milk and enough water to get the consistency you desire
- Let it boil for a couple of minutes more.
- Put off the heat and add crème fraische and stir well
- A small onion can also be added to give a different flavor
- Don’t skimp on the crème fraiche. It definitely gives an edge to this soup!